Dr. Peter Cheng
BPharm, MBBS (Hons), FRACGP.
Peter completed his Medical Degree with Honours from Monash University in 2013. He spent many years honing his surgical acumen as a surgical trainee at the Royal Melbourne Hospital prior to transitioning to work as an Accredited Skin Doctor endorsed by the Skin Cancer College Australasia.
Peter’s clinical expertise extends to a wide array of dermatological conditions. As a practitioner, his focus and goals are attaining holistic, pragmatic dermatological care to optimise long term patient outcomes.
He is able to provide advice and treatments on a multiple array of skin conditions – including expert management on skin cancers – both Melanoma and Non – Melanoma Skin cancers.
This extends itself to simple non-surgical treatments, straightforward excisions to a wide array of more complex surgical work including flaps and grafts.
Peter’s clinical journey, especially in his work as a pharmacist prior to working as a doctor, has allowed him to understand that for most people, any form of medical visit can be daunting and anxiety provoking. He eliminates all the medical jargon, and strives to make the experience smooth, and as pleasant as possible. He takes privilege in looking after those who trusts him with their health, and is very much proud of the medicine he practices.
Peter continues to keep up to date, and strives to consistently improve learning the latest techniques and adopting the most up to date research to achieve the best care for his patients. He is currently on the pathway to achieve Fellowship with the Skin Cancer College of Australasia.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Monash University) – 2008
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmacy Practice (Wound Care – Acute Wounds, Wound Assessment and Wound Dressings), Monash University – 2009
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery – Honours (Monash University) – 2013
- Fellowship Royal Australian College of General Practitioners – 2020
- Advanced Studies in Clinical and Surgical Anatomy, Monash University Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology and Department of Surgery (2012)
- Certificate of Dermoscopy (SCCANZ) – 2017
- Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (SCCANZ) – 2019
- Advanced Certificate of Skin Cancer Medicine (SCCANZ) – 2020
- Advanced Certificate of Dermoscopy (SCCANZ) – 2022 – (Current)